A blog is a regularly updated website where new content is frequently published, typically written in an informal or conversational style – often with the goal of attracting readers and generating an online income, growing a business or personal brand or telling your own story. In this guide, we’re talking about both how to start a blog and make money from it.
What you need for this?
This is first question which comes in the mind to start anything new but for this you don’t need to have lots of experience, expertise of any particular field or need to attend any school degrees in order to start this. You don’t need any credentials for this to become success with it. You can start blogging regardless of your age, location & experience. If you have any goal of life & vision regarding this, then I would suggest you to start blogging about that. And for this, you don’t need to be a professional writer too 🙂
How to start a blog in easy steps?
Starting a blog is as easy as you just want to elaborate any story in your own words for users. And fear not, you don’t require to pursue any technical knowledge for this – because people who read or write these blogs they put this idea in a subtle way so that other people thinks it is as tough as equation of typical mathematics. So here are the steps:
- Pick a name for your blog
- Web hosting for blog publishing
- Design the website for your blog
- Prepare script of the blog & write it down
- Promote it for branding business or make online money
There are some benefit which I’ve been mentioning them in the blog from the start which can be revealed if you had read it so far very carefully. And I am going to write them in the next section which you can get them straight forward:
- Make money online: Blogging can be one of the most profitable online businesses with very low costs, if you do it the right way. And the best part is, the handful of hours you put into writing a blog post today can make money for you long into the future. We’re talking a lot more about how to blog and make money later on in this guide. You don’t need to blog full-time either. Even part-time bloggers can earn well into the six-figures from their blogs each year, like I’ve done for many years.
- Growing a business or personal brand: If you already have a business you’re hoping to grow, then starting a blog is hands down the best way to attract more customers online, or even to your storefront without spending a dime on advertising. And if you want to elevate your personal brand to one day land a book deal, become a paid speaker or consultant, blogging is an excellent way to display your leadership in your field. Once you start blogging to grow your business or personal brand, you’ll never want to go back.
- Telling your story: One of the most purposeful reasons to start a blog is to share what you’ve learned with the world. If you’ve built a useful skill, accumulated experience at a job or mastered a particular craft, then others out there who are just starting out can benefit greatly from the advice you have to offer. A blog is the perfect place to share everything from your own personal journey through life, to documenting your daily activities, shedding light on life updates or offering career insights to others.
1. Pick a name for you blog
First, it’s time to pick a name for your new blog. It’s like that you are going to put a name for your business or brand and if you are on Internet, knows about blogging etc. then I am pretty sure that you are aware of Domain name & Web-hosting but if you don’t know then you can search about it and you would find so many guides regarding. Well, we need to stick to pick a name for the blog and you must choose a right name for your blog which reflects your idea, vision & something related your personality. So for this particular topic “Choose a right name for your blog”, you can get more information for this particular. Well, lets go ahead to next point.
2. Web hosting for blog publishing
Think of web hosting like being your home. When someone comes over (types in your URL), they’ll be able to see all the things you’ve been keeping inside. Yes, it comes at a cost you don’t have if you’re on one of the free blogging platforms, but having a proper website host is one of the most important investments in starting a successful blog.
3. Design the website for your blog
A Content Management System (or CMS) is where you’ll be writing, designing, and publishing your blog posts. A good CMS (like WordPress) is easy to use, let’s you organize your content, upload images and videos, and have control over how your entire blog looks using themes or custom design elements. It tells people that you care enough about your blog to make it look nice. This doesn’t mean you need crazy animations or tons of fonts and colors. In fact, the best designs are simple, clear, and easy to read.
4. Prepare script of the blog & write it down
You need to plan your content calendar, decide on design, and know where (and how) to market your blog. It’s also how your audience will find you and how you’ll make connections with other bloggers. It’s the approach you’re going to take, the audience you want to go after, and the way you’re going to talk to them and position yourself as an expert. Start by writing down as many ideas or keywords that you can. Aim for things you know your ideal audience would find valuable. Your list should be growing by this point. So take all those terms and start to refine them. Do some just not look right now? Refine and edit it down. Looking at all these, assign a priority to each one either on a scale of 1-5 or a basic, medium & high.
5. Promote it for branding business or make online money
I’m a strong believer that you should spend more time promoting a post than you did writing it. The quite obvious first place to promote it is social media. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Reddit, Instagram, Snapchat are the biggest networks today. Whichever platform best suits your niche and audience interests, is the right one for you. And that’s an important note. It’s a lot. But luckily there are lots of tools that can help you manage your social media posts throughout the week. In fact, with the right tool, you should be able to promote all your posts across social in just an hour or two a week.
One of the best things about starting a blog is that bloggers love to help each other out. And guest blogging on other relevant blogs is THE best way to connect with an already established audience.
To sum things up. When you’re looking to start a blog, you need to move to above and read it again but carefully.